Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Wednesday, 3 August 2016, reading the Bible to know God. I am getting ready for my 8th chemo session next week and refreshing my soul with scriptures that God has made more clear to me because I read to know Him.

Look at Psalm 119:1-176 and find those verses that mention affliction. Look up the definition of affliction and then read again those verses that have been put before you to consider. For me verses 71-80 are those that speak to me of God's gift of my (cancer) affliction. I am learning to embrace my affliction because what bit has caused me learn about myself and about how God has chosen to express His love and provision to me each time I read or think about these truths.

I am learning to say "it is good for me"; "cancer is better than gold and silver"; "thanks for giving me more understanding of your commandments"; "I know that The LORD deals with me in his faithfulness"; "I sense his tender mercies and merciful kindness"; and I am refreshed when people greet me with kind words of encouragement because I believe The LORD has put them in my path because I hope in God.

I hope you are encouraged by reading your Bible to know God and that He has used this testimony to get your attention so that you will seek to know God. If you read Psalm 19 you will learn about God as Elohim, Creator and Almighty God. If read Exodus you will find that God wants all men to know Him as Jehovah, The God who saves.  In my testimony tract you may follow the Bible verses God used to draw me to Himself for salvation. You can be saved.

No comments:

Post a Comment