Friday, January 30, 2009

30 Jan 09 365 daily reading

Good morning, hope your reading has been profitable. Todays reading has a good variety showing the traits and attributes of God. I hope that as you read you sense the need to "read and pray". For example in Exodus we can see the provisions of GOD for His people and I wanted to be grateful as I read that I didn't take any thing for granite. As we look around at all the things we enjoy let us thank The Lord. The 25th Psalm is a good model for an attitude of gratitude in particular verses 4-11"O LORD teach me" ought to be our desire. The Proverbs caused me to reflect on my work ethics. We work because we are sons of God, we do not work to become sons. Jesus taught this in the parable recorded in Matthew 20 showing God's fairness and doing everything out in the open. We ought to remember the stewardship principals each day and share the Gospel as Jesus did in verses 18-19. Let us read the directions that God gave Moses and stand in amazement of His might, power, control, longsuffering and protection of His people. I hope as you read the account of the "passover" you will thank The Lord for His mercy for them and for us in that He provided the lamb and taught them how to be prepared for the coming destruction. Today there is much cooperation of the OT and NT Scriptures revealing God's plan of redemption for mankind. Bless The Lord! Read to know Him. PJ

No comments:

Post a Comment