Monday, August 20, 2012

August 6: Over the next few days, I want to share with you a document on how to read the 365 Bible. I will start out today by giving you the Forward. Each day, I will post an additional page. There will be a total of 6 posts.


Forward:
 
            This booklet is the result of being saved, in the scriptures, being trained, in church, in the ministry since 1980, sharing the Gospel and making disciples. The terms used in this booklet are common terms that I have been exposed to since 30 October 1977 and they have been used in preaching and teaching Sunday School. It is my intent to suggest to you some of the habits, practices and goals of my life that have changed me to be more like Jesus. Hopefully you will be encouraged to press toward the mark.

            The LORD caused me to visit a sailing vessel in the Caribbean in 1996 and I was introduced to the One Year Bible.  This One Year Bible God has used to show Himself to me so that I might develop the habit of reading through the One Year Bible each year to know Him. This Bible I use to feed myself, the daily bread and hope to do that till The Rapture. I have several other types of Bibles, hundreds of commentaries and study helps that God allows me to use to study to feed others.

This booklet of hints for prosperity, reading to know Him and a consistent prayer life is for all the children of The LORD. This is for all who call Jesus their Lord and pray to GOD in His name in the Holy Spirit, hopefully to be encouraged and challenged. Please continue to feed at His table, to dine on the daily bread, drink the water of life and to read His Truth so that you may know Him.

Proverbs 9:10 records "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom:  and the knowledge of the holy is understanding." Read your Bible daily to know Him so that you may know, according to 2 Corinthians 13:14,  " The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ,  and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost, be with you all. A'-men."

Let God love on you and then love him back. Read to know Him. Believe what you read.  Believe that He is with you and that He will do as He has said.  God bless you.



Sincerely, Powell Johnson

Hebrews 9:27

No comments:

Post a Comment