Friday, December 7, 2012

7 Dec 2012 Friday and Sunday is coming! What were you doing today in 1941?? I was a barefoot kid living on a small farm(dry land farming)outside Petersburg, Texas. We had already lost our cows to hoof and mouth disease and now war. Our next crops were hailed out. My father had served in WWI, my left to serve brother in WW II and my sister left home to go build ships in Boston. Somehow we kept it together and moved on to higher ground. I don't remember God being against us nor that it was discussed that He was for us. When I look back on those days now, I know, God was for us. I am grateful for my salvation. I am grateful for the salvation of my wife, our children and our grandchildren. 1941-2012, God knows all. Spend some time reflecting on where you have been since birth and take time to thank God for His care for you. Read to know Him.

Hosea is blessed.  God speaks to Hosea about the Jews and their conduct. As you have read  chapters 1-9 what attributes, traits or acts of God have you recorded? Have you recorded the names that God has assigned to Himself? Have you discovered  some stewardship principals that were given to us during our stewardship revival? If not, why not?

John records the conduct of his co-workers so that all might know and be warned. How would you react if your pastor or deacon were to be so "honest" about your service? All of our acts are open to view by the world. We need to be careful what we do in secret. We need to be active and serve God and one another. God is recording our thoughts, intents, deeds, words and sins.

Have you been given any precious seeds? Just as the Christian is not made for this world, neither is the seed to be kept in a bin/sack in the barn. Seeds die, yet thrives when planted, watered and made warm, and then produces fruit. Who have you invested your life into?? Pray for the troops, missionaries, wounded warriors, grieving families, students, families and churches.  luvpj

No comments:

Post a Comment