Monday, August 31, 2009

August 30 Sunday We had a great attendance in SS Class. We knew that some would be out and others might be too busy or just late, but we had 25.Darwin walked the aisle for salvation in AM service. Pray for his conversion and spiritual growth. He is our "baby" brother and we need to PRAY and care for him. Started the "Meat Book" material with emphasis on Bibliology as we read the Book of Job.Gave out a goodly amount of homework that will add to our understanding, if the class will do the work,we will grow stronger in our faith and practice.Read to know Him. If you are interested in a biblical diet, let Him be your daily bread. Selah.

Job 34:1-36:33 allows us to observe wisdom in action by Job's friend called Elihu. I sense a very strong similarity of Elihu to that of Jesus The Christ. His mannerisms of confronting Job and his other friends with questions and commentaries concerning GOD ought to provoke us to be bold and speak up for The LORD. Elihu makes much of the attributes of GOD.How is your conversation? What/who do you brag about?

2nd Corinthians 4:1-12 ought to cause us to wonder why that "therefore" is there for. What ministry do you have? Do you include Christ in your conversation? Can you explain the Gospel and the new birth? If we are servants for Christ are we not also servants for all other? How do you serve others?

Psalm 44:1-7 causes me to stop and consider who I am serving and why? I need to check my motive daily. As I read to know Him I need to remind myself of of Who He is and not to focus too much on the things I have or think I need. He is the Reason!

Proverbs 22:10-12 explains the best way to live. We need to be mindful of the will of GOD and be alert to the tricks of Satan and his helpers.Be right/do right. pj

No comments:

Post a Comment