Monday, January 21, 2013

21 Jan 2013 Monday, soon it will be Friday and Sunday is coming and we have 999 days remaining. Hope your reading has been enjoyable, informative and you know God more today than yesterday.

We started a 1000 day countdown yesterday in our SS Class relating that to the three plus years of Jesus' life from the time he left the carpenters shop till he ascended into heaven. A proposition for you and me is, if we had a guaranteed 1000 days of life to serve and represent God in our flesh, what would we be and do? In my case I now have only 999 days and I want to be a good servant, a dependable brother and a pleasing righteous son of God to the end. Take up the challenge.

The writer of the Proverbs shows us what is the principal thing.(go to the dictionary and look again at the definition of "principal".) Then we are instructed to be and do right. Get wisdom! We all have a choice as to what we consider wisdom to be and the best source for it. We often say we need or want "understanding" yet, most of us rely upon our experiences or info from the world.

Take time to consider the difference between the world and God. God causes the writer to make a plea with us and he said " hear,...(not listen).... O my son...(personal).... receive my sayings....(a choice)...(heed)...(a promise is coming)...and the years of life shall be many. I say it like this "Be right,do right and don't quit."  You have a choice and the consequence of that choice is yours and God will make the ultimate reward.

A snap shot may be made of Psalm 18 when you reflect on what God has done for you through salvation. Take time to look back at where you were when Jesus saved you, see it again. He rescued a sinner like me! Imagine the future with Christ in heaven-got the picture? When we read scriptures that cause us to stop and recall an event, I call that a snap shot. I make a mark by those verses with the date so that in the days to come when I read it again , I will be able to remember where I was last year.

Matthew records a very sad remark at 14:13. I got the picture in my mind! I don't want that event to happen in my life, in my family, in my church or in my nation. O Lord help thou my unbelief!!

Drama in Genesis as recorded about Joseph and his family. How many pictures did you see? Did you say " I don't want that to happen in my life"? God causes the good and the bad to be made plain so that we may learn what to do and how to be. We have a choice. Who does Joseph remind you of by his words and deeds?  We read to know God, He is the Alpha and the Omega.   luvpj

No comments:

Post a Comment