Monday, March 2, 2009

Mar 2nd Hope you are having the best day of your life. I've decided to try to share a goal from my thought life. Today I am grateful for who I am, who I was and who I will be becasuse of my salvation experience 30 Oct 77. What I am going to try to do 1st thing every AM this week is to say this thought and then try to be "more" grateful to GOD. Each Monday from now to Dec 29 I hope to have a good godly thought to share with you and that thought will encourage you to be more grateful to The LORD. Let us read to know Him (better).
Leviticus 25:47-27:13 demonstrates many attributes of The LORD. These attributes should "cause us" to see more clearly who He is and what He likes and what He abhors. If our "fear factor" is at work these verses ought to get our attetion. Words that caught my eye were: if, then, I will, if ye will not, contrary, chastise you seven times, sabbath, destroy, desolate, perish, enjoy, rest and pine away. I am grateful for 1st John 1:9 as those people should have been for "If they shall confess their iniquity... and the rest of verses 40-42 of 26th Chapter. We can see that God is just and fair and provide for equality for His people. When I read these verse I thought about my mother and her obsession of saving green stamps from the grocery store so she could fill up those books and then go to the S&H redemtion center to trade for a desirable "free" gift. What a "snapshot" came to my mind of the LORD's concern to redeem us back to Himself.
Mark 10"32-52 shows contrast of the disciples from being amazed to being afraid. The GOSPEL is made plain and at hand. What more must He do to "win" our affection, devotion and obedience? Even when our prayer request are not answered immediately, let us say "The Father knows best". When was the last time you begged GOD to let you be a servant to the mean and lowly? Blind Bartimaeus exercised his faith after hearing from The LORD, "go thy way" and not only could he see, he followed. That is a good example for us to follow.
Psalm 45:1-17 demonstrates devotion and admiration of the king. Do you recall the last verses of Psalm 24? Check and compare who is the king.
Proverbs 10:22 is a blessing and gives us hope in the "facts" of God. pj

No comments:

Post a Comment