Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Feb 17th Hope you enjoy reading the Book of Leviticus. It causes me to be VERY grateful that I live in this modern era/church age and that I do not have to sacrifice an animal to make things right with GOD. When I read the phrase "if a soul shall sin through ignorance, or hear a swearing, or touch any unclean thing, or commit a trespass through ignorance" that soul shall bring an offering of young bullock, or goat, or lamb, or two turtledoves and offer it has a burnt offering I thank The Lord for His sacrifice for me. Each time I see the putting on of hands to identify with the animal about a specific sin and for it to be sacrificed it reminds me of my responsibility to be specific when I confess my sins. I am grateful for 1st John 1:9! Do you remember what He did for Abraham in Gen 22 when he was to offer his son as a sacrifice, but GOD provided Himself a sacrifice as a ram was caught in the thicket? Praise The Lord for His mercy, provision, grace and for His giving of Himself to ransom a sinner like me and you. Don't forget Mark 1:1. Isn't it wonderful to see men like Levi the son of Alphaeus respond to Jesus. How was it for you? Did you arise and follow Him? As you see names and titles for Jesus try to see His attributes, traits and mannerism and then seek to be like Him. When you read verse 3:5 what impact does this truth have on your concept of God? Compare Psalm 36:5-10 to Psalm 1 and determine how blessed we are to know Him. As sons of God we want for Him to be glad by our conduct. His righteousness is our great treasure. pj

No comments:

Post a Comment