Thursday, February 26, 2009

Feb 26th If we could be convinced that all we read is true and applicable in our life today, I am persuaded that we would be different and the world would be a better place to live.
Leviticus 19:1-20:21 ought to causes us to repent of our sins and beg for forgiveness from The LORD our God. He has said that He is holy and that we shall be holy. The lifestyle dictated by God is for His glory and our good and can be accomplished by His GRACE. Verse 37 states " Therefore shall ye observe all my statutes, and all my judgements, and do them: I am the LORD". Get right, be right and stay right. All the sexual sins described are an abomination. The impact of these may vary from death, being burnt by fire or being childless. The admonition for us today in verse 7 is " Sanctify yourselves therefore, and be ye holy: for I am the LORD your God".
Mark 8:10-38 shows the care of Jesus for His disciples and He gently rebukes them in verse 17. The Gospel is plainly spoken in verse 31. Jesus ask a hard question that rings in every mans ears, even today, "Whom say ye that I am"? The answer each man gives will have eternal consequence. Verses 35-37 declares for all men the options that are available today and the impact of their choice. I understand the call given of "Whosoever will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me" is as clear as was given to the children of Israel, for He is The LORD. Let us be thankful for the opportunity to know Him personally as our Lord and Saviour.
Psalm 42 encourages the reader and reminds us to remember to"hope thou in God".
Hope you have a good day and are lifted up because you read to know Him. pj

No comments:

Post a Comment